HVAC Design Engineer
Founded in 1989, Alliance Engineering has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi- discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Alliance Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering consulting offices support manufacturing facilities and clients in mid-Atlantic with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, personal care, and heavy manufacturing.
Our Mechanical Group is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Senior HVAC Engineer with expertise in commercial environments . This is a full time/direct hire position that may be located in Baltimore, MD.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, Alliance offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
* Work with a project team and assist in the design of HVAC systems
* Load calculations, sizing and selecting equipment, ductwork and piping design and editing of specifications.
* Prepare design documents using AutoCAD
* Field verification of existing systems, available space, clearances, etc.
* Arrange for in-house quality review in a timely manner primarily to ensure that all of the clients’ needs and requests have been accommodated
* Ensure and coordinate among all the disciplines involved
* Conduct construction site inspections, obtain as-built drawings and close-out materials from contractors
* Must have experience in running HVAC loads and energy modeling using TRANE Trace software
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
* PE registration in MD; VA
* Minimum 8 years directly applicable MEP experience
* Experience working with TRANE Trace software
* AutoCAD efficiency
* Excellent communication skills including experience in dealing with other employees and external clients
* Ability to provide leadership
* Experience in coordinating schedules and report preparation
* Ability to self-manage
* Travel will be required