HVAC Design Engineer
Alliance Engineering is a design engineering and construction management firm seeking a Design Engineer for their office in Baltimore. We offer competitive salaries and a terrific benefits package. We specialize in industrial facilities. At Alliance, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Our commitment to excellence and quality stems from one of our defining strengths which is integrity and that has inspired our employees to be successful for more than 25 years.
We are currently seeking a HVAC Design Engineer with MEP experience. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to work in a multidiscipline consulting, engineering and construction management firm.
* Work with a project team and assist in the design of HVAC systems
* Load calculations, sizing and selecting equipment, ductwork and piping design and editing of specifications.
* Prepare design documents using AutoCAD
* Field verification of existing systems, available space, clearances, etc.
* Arrange for in-house quality review in a timely manner primarily to ensure that all of the clients’ needs and requests have been accommodated
* Ensure and coordinate among all the disciplines involved
* Conduct construction site inspections, obtain as-built drawings and close-out materials from contractors
* Must have experience in running HVAC loads and energy modeling using TRANE Trace software
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
* PE registration in MD
* Minimum 8 years directly applicable MEP experience
* Experience working with TRANE Trace software
* AutoCAD efficiency
* Excellent communication skills including experience in dealing with other employees and external clients
* Ability to provide leadership
* Experience in coordinating schedules and report preparation
* Ability to self-manage
* Travel will be required