Senior Mechanical Designer with Autocad
Founded in 1989, Alliance Engineering has grown to become one of the largest privately held multi- discipline engineering firms in central Virginia. Possessing vast experience and technical expertise, we deliver unparalleled value to our customers.
Alliance Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering consulting offices support manufacturing facilities and clients in mid-Atlantic with areas of specialization including: project feasibility studies, process improvement analysis, new process design, process upgrades, design, industrial capital projects, and detailed project/construction estimates. The company serves Fortune 500 companies in industries such as food processing, films, fibers, plastics, paper, chemicals, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power, metals, personal care, and heavy manufacturing.
Our Mechanical Group is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Senior Mechanical Designer with expertise in designing complex piping systems in high production environments in the consulting industry. This is a full time/direct hire position that may be located in Richmond, VA or Baltimore, MD areas.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, Alliance offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
- Assess the requirements of a project into tasks, and work with a project engineer to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assign and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert project engineer to change of scope or additional services.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals. Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promote use of and participate in development of company design and production standards.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff as resource for design questions.
- Attend project meetings to coordinate efforts with the other discipline leads.
- Interface with client project engineer to access data required for completion of project as required.
- Report to Alliance project engineer on status of project with respect to schedule, manhours expended, scope changes, and issues.
- Travel to the project site and perform field survey/as-built verifications for input into final designs.
- Associates Degree strongly desired
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Prefer to have working experience with AutoCAD 3D