At Alliance, we believe project managers are one of the keys to the success of our business. From business development, to proposal development, project execution, and project closure, our project managers are the focal point of our client relationships and ensure client satisfaction by facilitating projects to include a well-defined scope, realistic schedule, and reasonable budget. Strong communication skills are used throughout the project life cycle to manage scope changes, project risk, the project team, and client relations. The project manager reports to the Director of Project Management. This position will be based out of the Baltimore, MD office.
• Business Development – participate in business development efforts which may include relationship building with existing and prospective clients, maintain client contacts, participate in industry and professional organization events
• Proposal Development – develop the project scope and facilitate the development of the estimate and project schedule. Coordinate engineering pre-proposal meetings and site visits, facilitate internal meetings and activities, submit proposals to the client
• Project Execution (Design Phase) – lead the project team and be the face of the project to the client, refine and/or update the proposed project schedule, manage external consultants, attend on-site client meetings, track and report budget and schedule, monitor project quality, maintain project files, coordinate design package transmission to clients, manage scope changes and project risk, resolve or escalate issues that arise during the design phase, prepare invoices, work with the Construction team on the development of construction cost estimates as required
• Project Execution (Construction Phase) – coordinate and communicate pre-construction activities such as RFPs (requests for contractor proposals), pre-bid walk downs, and contractor pre-qualification with construction management and/or client team, coordinate the creation of bid tabulation forms, and participate in contractor bid evaluation and selection. Maintain cost and schedule oversight of the project during construction, manage scope changes, coordinate requests for engineering, prepare invoices, work with the document control group for the tracking and completion of RFIs (requests for information) and submittals
• Project Closeout – prepare final invoices(s), ensure project completion checklist complete, facilitate lessons learned discussion, archive project documents
Skills and Expertise
o Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering with at least eight years of experience, or a vocation technical degree with at least 10 years of experience.
o General understanding of industrial work settings, safety, operations, systems, and equipment
o Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple project teams
o Strong communication, leadership, planning, team work, decision making, judgement, innovation, and problem solving skills
o Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project
o Formal project management training
o Experience working as a project manager for an engineering consulting firm
o Experience working as a capital project manager for industrial or manufacturing clients
Alliance Engineering is a growing, full service engineering and construction management firm with offices in Richmond, VA, Newport News, VA and Baltimore, MD. We specialize in small to medium size industrial projects. The majority of our clients are major industrial companies that can be found in the Fortune 500 listing.