Electrical Design Engineer
Website Alliance Engineering
Alliance Engineering is a design engineering and construction management firm who specializes in industrial clients.
Alliance Engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer for their Richmond, VA; Baltimore and Newport News, VA offices. As a member of our team you will be a part of the diversity and depth of experience allowing us to tackle virtually any size or type of project with both speed of delivery and technical excellence. As an Electrical Engineer you will lead the design of electrical systems and applications in industrial facility projects. Through attending site surveys, meeting with clients, coordination with trades, and delegation of project tasks, you will ensure project deadlines are met and a superior product is delivered.
Primary responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Coordinate with Engineering Managers for project assignments.
- Coordinate, conduct, and delegate project responsibilities to engineering team members.
- Prioritize engineering team labor to meet multiple moving deadlines.
- Track project budgets.
- Attend site surveys to gather initial project data.
- Attend client meetings to discuss project design.
- Attending and participating in weekly Engineering Project Status Meetings.
Desired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum of five (3) years of industrial design experience working in a consulting engineering firm, designing medium voltage, lighting and low voltage power distribution systems.
- Latest version of AutoCAD experience required.
- Experience in Protective Relay settings, Arc Flash and related studies
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and technical skill in designing of electrical distribution systems in industrial facilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills through experience interfacing with clients, engineers, architects and others of varying technical abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to mentor young engineers and participate in their training.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while maintaining quality.
- Ability to review other’s work and give appropriate feedback to insure quality control.
- Working knowledge of MEP systems to insure proper design coordination.
- Ability to use good engineering judgment in resolving problems that arise in the field.
- High degree of interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to understand client’s desired outcome as it relates to budget and timing and drive designs to meet those outcomes.
Strong desire to increase skills and knowledge through additional training