Electrical Designer with AutoCAD
Alliance Engineering is a growing, full service engineering and construction management firm with offices in Richmond, VA, Newport News, VA and Baltimore, MD. We specialize in small to medium size industrial projects. The majority of our clients are major industrial companies that can be found in the Fortune 500 listing. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, be able to organize work, have 10+ years of AutoCAD experience in a working environment. Position will be responsible for developing drawing sets; revising drawings; creating drawings; and working under the supervision of an Engineer.
Our Electrical Group is currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirited Electrical Designer with expertise in manufacturing environments and the consulting industry. This is a full time/direct hire position that is located in Baltimore, MD
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, Alliance offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
- Assess the requirements of a project into tasks, and work with a project engineer to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assign and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert project engineer to change of scope or additional services.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals. Proficient written and oral communication skills.
- Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promote use of and participate in development of company design and production standards.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff as resource for design questions.
- Attend project meetings to coordinate efforts with the other discipline leads.
- Interface with client project engineer to access data required for completion of project as required.
- Report to Alliance project engineer on status of project with respect to schedule, manhours expended, scope changes, and issues.
- Travel to the project site and perform field survey/as-built verifications for input into final designs.
- Associates Degree strongly desired
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Prefer to have working experience with AutoCAD 3D