Manager of Construction Management Services
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated team player to join our team! Alliance is a full-service engineering and construction management company serving the industrial and manufacturing sectors. With offices in Richmond, Va., Newport News, Va. And Baltimore, Md., our construction management (CM) projects are mainly located in the mid-Atlantic region.
As a member of the management team reporting to the Founder, this role presents an excellent opportunity for a career-minded individual to assume the lead operations role for the company’s construction management service activities. The role is best suited for a high-energy self-starter who is a technically savvy, customer-focused team leader with a desire to grow a construction management division. The successful candidate will already have a solid track record in the business and some clients that rely on him/her for executing project work.
• Manages construction support personnel as well as coordinates and schedules their activities to ensure that support services are provided on a timely basis.
• Provides guidance and participates in the career and professional development of personnel.
• Monitors and evaluates personnel performance against specific expectations.
• Establishes and maintains effective communications with engineering and project management.
• Participates in business development activities and promotes a professional relationship with clients and company management.
• Evaluates and assesses the construction support requirements of the company and develops and provides the types & levels of expertise and services required to support construction
• Responsible for managing assigned organization within established budgetary guidelines and in accordance with company policies & procedures.
• Reports the status of the operation of the assigned organization to management.
• Has oversight of EHS policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner, and, while supervising others, has responsibility for the EHS of those being supervised and
ensure they comply with established EHS policies & procedures and practice safe work habits.
• Will be familiar with and lead the efforts on constructability value awareness & contract awarding strategies.
• Oversees and coordinates estimating personnel.
• Oversees and coordinates pre-construction services and activities.
• Oversees and coordinates CM proposal activity including CM as-agent and CM at-risk proposals.
• Oversees and coordinates Procurement and Procore Contract Management services and activities
• May act as project manager on select CM projects.
• Responsible for the performance and quality of work by all CM personnel as related to the project execution. Assures correct work is being performed consistent with project scope,
schedule, and budget.
• Responsible for project staffing requirements for technically competent personnel to meet project workloads assuring project manpower mix of qualified employees.
• Responsible for the onboarding and offboarding of CM employees to ensure the growth and development of the department.
• Establishes and maintains effective communications with engineering and construction teams.
• Responsible for oversight of cost, quality, scheduling, and EHS standards.
• Construction cost estimating experience
• Experience interfacing and communicating with engineering staff
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• College degree in construction management, business management, or technical disciplines such as engineering, or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
• 7+ years of progressive industrial construction experience within the mid-sized general contractor, construction management or related field ideally serving manufacturing companies.
Candidate must have a proven track record of successful CM project completions from estimating through completion, internal team and subcontractor management, high client satisfaction,
and solid margin performance.
• Preference for candidates with technical project management experience related to equipment/capital expenditure projects.
• Ideally the right candidate has dealt with both small and large customers and can demonstrate effective working relationships with multiple parties both internally and externally (customers, suppliers, partners).
• Prior success and enthusiasm for managing both projects and a team is critical combined with the ability to develop talent and mentor the team for the next level.
• High energy personality with a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills, a willingness to develop team-based solutions towards getting the job done.
• Experienced in a fast-paced, hands-on environment with the ability to set and manage conflicting priorities, make solution-oriented decisions, adhere to deadlines towards achieving
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills and ability to be persuasive to effectively handle a variety of situations and audiences.
• Proficient in MS Office. Knowledge of Procore software a plus.
• Other key skills: strong analytical and scenario planning skills, thoroughness and attention to detail, deadline-oriented.
• 30-hour OSHA certification as a minimum.
• DBIA certification a plus, not required